How Do I Get a Vehicle Accident Report

How Do I Get a Vehicle Accident Report

In the aftermath of an accident, do you know what to do to have your accident on record accident and a copy of the report?
Most people don’t!
The first thing you will need to do is find our which law enforcement agency was there to investigate the accident.
It is common practice for the officer at the scene to provide you with a slip of paper that indicates the department and the officer who was on the scene.
If you were not provided with said paper, you will have to find things out some other way.
The first place to look will be the city Police Department, county Sheriff or Texas Dept. of Public Safety.

If the car accident took place;
Within the city limits, you can contact the local police department of that city and request a copy of your car accident report.
Outside the city limits, you will need to check with the county Sheriff call the accident division and make a request for the report.
Outside the city limits but no county Sheriff, in this case, you will want to check with the DPS office.

Some of these agencies will respond to requests made by mail and others might require requests to be handwritten.
In any case, the fee for the copy will only be a few dollars.

We Offer a Free Consultation!
Call Today 713-785-9484
Hablamos español. Consultas gratis.

TEXT MAIDA LAW FIRM Here: (713) 715-7533
Maida Law Firm – Auto Accident Attorneys of Houston
8313 Southwest Freeway #102
(713) 785-9484
#Houston #Attorneys #Lawyers #PersonalInjury #AutoAccidents #TruckAccidents #HoustonLaw #Settlements #DUI

Maida Law Firm – Auto Accident Attorneys in [location], Tx [zip]

Dedicated to bringing you the best Lawyers for your Personal Injury, Trucking Accidents, Car Accidents, DUI Cases & 18 Wheeler Trucking Accidents Lawsuit Settlements. It’s Simple, We WIN! ~ Call Us for a Free Consultation 713-785-9484
~ The Maida Law Firm – Auto Accident Attorneys of Houston


Go to Top