What you do at the scene after a truck accident can make the difference between winning and losing your case.
The amount of your potential recovery may depend on taking the right steps after the truck accident.
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, you’ll want to protect yourself both physically and legally. Here are the most important steps to be taken after a truck crash:
- Stay At the Scene Of the Collision
- Call 9-1-1 For Emergency Services
- Check Other Vehicle Passengers For Injuries if Possible
- Do Not Admit Fault
- Do not discuss the wreck with anyone except the police or your own insurance agent; you are not required to give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Take Photos, Capture Videos & Record Audio of Evidence
- Obtain Contact Information From Any Available Witnesses
- Exchange Contact Info, Insurance Details, Driver’s License # and Vehicle Info With Other Drivers
- Don’t Make Any Statements About the Crash
- it is best to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible following a truck accident.
We Offer a Free Consultation!
Call Today 713-785-9484
Hablamos español. Consultas gratis.
Maida Law Firm – Auto Accident Attorneys of Houston
8313 Southwest Freeway #102