AUTO ACCIDENT INJURY CASES
Do you know the Importance of hiring a successful and competent auto-car accident attorney?
As a local Law Firm in Houston that specialized in Trucking and Auto collision accidents, it is essential to call us at Maida Law so that we can gather the evidence as quickly as possible. If there are any witnesses at the scene of the crime it is imperative that we know who, what and where they are so that we can fully understand what to do to get the best outcome for our clients.
We only work with the best investigators, technology experts, re-constructionists, and physicians in the Houston area. We are going to make sure that you are taken care of.
Maida Law Firm can help obtain and work with a treating physician, physical therapist, or other medical specialists to get you the medical care you may need.
CONTACT US TODAY
Types of Auto Accidents
Failure to Stop or Yield • Running a Red Light or Stop Sign • Driver Inattention (not paying attention or distracted) • Taxi Cab Accidents • Fatal Accidents that result in a wrongful death claim • Defective Products • Head-On Collisions • Speeding • Drinking & Driving (DUI-DWI) • Under the Influence of Drugs • Improper Vehicle Maintenance • Poor Tires • Uber or Ride-Sharing Accidents • Trucking Company Violations
Steps on How to Report an Auto Accident
- Notify the Houston Police or Local Law Enforcement.
- Make an Official Crash Report.
- Secure Witnesses and Obtain Their Contact Information.
- Take Photographs of the Vehicles and Any Injuries.
- Do Not Speak With the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Without Your Own Attorney.
- You can also call the Houston Police Department auto accident number, which is : 713 247-4072
- The Houston Police Department also has a non-emergency number of 713-884-3131 and you can visit the Houston Police Department’s website for even more helpful information.
- Obtain an Accident Report: The Texas Department of Transportation handles all of the accident reports in the state of Texas. Police officers that investigate accidents are supposed to write a report on any crash that results in injury or wrongful death or damage to property that is more than $1000. That report should be submitted to the Texas Department of Transportation within 10 days from the crash date. Texas Transportation Code Section 550.062.
- Obtain a Crash Report: To obtain a copy of your car accident report you can go online and obtain one through the Texas Department of Transportation website. You’ll need some basic information in order to obtain the report such as: • Names of the parties involved in the accident • Date of the accident • Location of the accident.
Additionally, the state charges a fee for the crash reports, which are six dollars for a copy for eight dollars for a certified copy of the official crash report.
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of auto or truck accident, do not hesitate to give Maida Law Firm a call today to schedule a Free Consultation. Call today at 713-785-9484
What if the car accident wasn’t my fault?
If you were in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, you should be entitled to compensation. When it comes to car insurance, Texas is an “At-fault” state. This means that the driver who caused the accident is generally considered responsible for paying the damages.
What is the average settlement for a car accident in Texas?
The amount of compensation you receive for your car accident will depend on the specific details of your crash. The steps you take immediately after an accident can have a huge impact on the value of your claim. If you were injured in a collision that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages from missed time at work, pain and suffering, and more.
How do I make a car accident claim?
Texas is an “At-fault” car insurance state. In short, this means the driver responsible for causing the accident is generally considered responsible for paying the damages. Every driver in the state is required to carry car insurance, with minimum amounts of liability coverage. (You can also choose to add additional insurance, such as personal injury protection (PIP) or collision coverage.)
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you have different options for seeking compensation.
- File a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- File a claim with your own insurance company.
- File a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
Do I need a car accident lawyer?
An experienced lawyer will investigate your accident and look for evidence of negligence that resulted in your crash and caused your injuries. A lawyer will know how to build a strong case and bring the insurance company to the negotiating table to reach a settlement that works for you. Often, when insurance companies see they have a strong case and are ready to fight, they will offer a favorable settlement to the accident victim.
How we can help you with your Auto Accident Claim or Lawsuit
When you hire an experienced car accident attorney from our Houston law firm, we can take care of everything so you can focus on what really matters – your recovery. While we realize you probably want to take time to recover from your accident, it’s important to contact our law firm immediately to protect your rights. A delay could impact our ability to gather evidence in support of your claim.
We have extensive experience winning car accident cases, including ones involving:
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol • Hit-and-runs • Falling asleep at the wheel • Pedestrians • Rear-end crashes • Seat belt and airbag injuries • Speeding • Asleep At The Wheel Accidents • Distracted Driving Accidents • Drunk Driving • Head-On Collisions • Hit And Run • Rear-End Crashes • Ride-Sharing Accidents • Seat Belt And Airbag Injuries • Speeding Collisions • T-Bone Accidents • Texting And Driving • Uninsured Drivers
Our experienced attorneys will investigate and look for evidence of negligence that resulted in your accident. We know how to develop a strong case and bring the insurance company to the negotiating table to reach a settlement.
If they don’t want to negotiate, or if they try to suggest you were to blame for what happened, it can become necessary to take them on in court. Our experienced attorneys have won many court battles against insurance companies. We know what it takes to win.
In addition to past and future medical expenses and lost wages, you may be entitled to other damages. These can include compensation for mental anguish, pain and suffering and any disfigurement. Our attorneys have the experience needed to thoroughly investigate your car accident, find out how it has impacted your life, and advocate for the full amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries.